Lockdown & Contactless Collection
Closure during lockdown:
In line with the current State Government lockdown, all five Moonee Valley Library branches are closed to the public until further notice.
• Due dates for borrowed material have been extended and no late fines will apply during this period.
• Contactless Collection services for your reservations are available. Please call your library to book into an available collection window.
• Return chutes will remain open.
• Our online programs will continue. All in-person programs will be cancelled or rescheduled.
• Our online library will continue to have new material added and is available 24/7.
• The library team will be available to help via phone, email and social media as usual.
With the announcement of a 9pm curfew, the following minor changes apply to our operating hours:
• Our phonelines will be open from 9am-8pm Monday to Thursday, 9am-6pm Friday, and 9am-12pm Saturday.
• Contactless Collection at Sam Merrifield Library will cease at 7.30pm Monday-Wednesday, rather than 8.30pm.
How does Contactless Collection work?
- Place reservations on items you want via our catalogue.
- Await an email or text message telling you that your items are ready.
- Call your branch and book in a time to pick up your holds. Please do this at least a few hours in advance.
- Your items will be checked out to your card and left in a paper bag for you to collect outside your branch during the appointed timeslot.
- Go home and enjoy!
For further information about COVID and the Moonee Valley community please visit Council’s website here.
Stay home, stay safe, and we will see you soon.