What is the Home Library Service?
Moonee Valley Libraries provides a free monthly delivery of library materials to members of our community who are unable to visit the library.
Who is eligible?
The program is available to residents of aged care facilities and supported accommodation, and those who experience difficulty in visiting the library due to:
- Chronic illness
- Caring responsibilities
- Recovering from temporary illness or injury
How does it work?
- Call us or submit an expression of interest below. Library staff will contact you to develop a profile of your reading interests.
- Material will be selected and delivered to your door (or aged care residence) once a month.
- Bulk loans can be arranged.
- Deliveries can be ongoing or temporary.
How do I get started?
Complete an expression of interest below and a staff member will be in touch ASAP. To discuss your eligibility, contact 9243 1900.
How do I become a Home Library Service volunteer?
All volunteer opportunities are processed through Council. See here for details: https://mvcc.vic.gov.au/how-do-i/apply/volunteering/