Collection of your personal information for library memberships
In order to provide you with a quality library service, we need to collect and use some of your personal information. Please see below for details about the information you must provide in order to join Moonee Valley Libraries.
What information do you collect?
- General identifying information e.g. name, address, birthdate
- Contact details e.g. phone number, email address, postal address
- Records of transactions e.g. which items you have borrowed
How will you use my information?
- This information will be used to sign you up to library membership, and will be stored on the current Library Management System, which is Symphony by Sirsi Dynix. These records are stored locally.
- We will use your general identifying information to ensure your library record is unique, and to prevent multiple sign-ups to the service.
- We will use your contact details to notify you about of the status of the items that you have borrowed, such as whether a particular item is overdue.
- We will send you general library information such as changes to operating conditions, newsletters and the option to receive communications from Moonee Valley Council. You can opt-out of receiving this information at any time.
- We will use the record of your transactions to track library items, to manage our collection.
- We will use your membership details when you book a public PC to ensure only library members access this equipment.
How can I access my information?
You can request access to your library record at any time, either in branch or via email to email@example.com. Valid proof of identification will be required before access will be provided, to protect your privacy.
How can I have my information removed?
- You can request the removal of your library record at any time. If you request the removal of your library record, you will no longer be a member of Moonee Valley Libraries.
- If your account has been inactive for three years or more, your information will be removed from the system automatically.
For more information about privacy at Moonee Valley City Council please contact Council's Privacy Officer on 03 9243 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Sirsi Dynix and privacy, please see https://www.sirsidynix.com/privacy/
Collection of your personal information on this website
This website only collects or records personal information (including sensitive information) you choose to provide through our Contact us section, subscription to our website, various e-newsletters and e-forms, registration for programs and events, and financial transactions. As part of our commitment to customer service, the Library or Council may periodically invite you to provide feedback about your experience via a survey. Any survey is voluntary and you do not have to participate.
You can access the and browse our website anonymously, without disclosing your personal information. We will take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your personal information.
Cookies are used on our website, but they do not collect any personal information. For the most part they are sessional and contain system-generated values to identify the user's session for statistical and system administration purposes only. Clickstream data refers to visitor logs and statistics that provide useful information about users’ online experience without identifying individuals. This might include your server or IP address, the date and time you visited the site, the pages you visited on our site, and the type of device or browser you are using. To the extent that this data could make you identifiable, we will not attempt to identify individuals from the clickstream data unless required by law or to investigate improper activity in relation to this website.